Lately, Jax and I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen experimenting with new foods and recipes. We never let our favorite foods become boring as there is always a new way to prepare it!
Sweet Potatoes have many benefits including their high vitamin C, B6, D, magnesium and potassium. They also contain iron and help support a healthy immune system. The fuel provided for athletes by eating these super foods is invaluable. If you are an athlete you should be eating these. I always recommend that athletes consume sweet potato workout.
Our latest creating is a Double Stuffed Sweet Potato. These were a big hit in our house. After all, goat cheese makes everything taste better!
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tbsp ghee or raw butter
1/2 cup green onions
4 tbsp goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add parchment paper to a banking sheet.
- Scrub the potatoes. Use a fork to puncture a few holes into the potato. Place potatoes on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 60-70 minutes or until you can easily pierce the potato. It should be soft and well cooked.
- Let sit for 10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- While the potatoes are cooling, saute the green onions in some butter or oil.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides. Leave a little potato stuck to the sides.
- Add ghee or butter to the bowl of sweet potato and mash. Add the egg, green onions, goat cheese and mix together. Spoon the mixture into the sweet potato shells.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Top with some goat cheese and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this as much as we did!